baggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the station says that, it doesn't have checked baggage service, does that just mean no one will check it and I have to carry on my self? Or does it mean that I can not bring on baggage?

I am boarding on Meriden, CT and I have two carry-on's and two pieces of luggage as well.

"No checked baggage" means you can only take carry-on. There is no one there to check & load your baggage onto the baggage car (assuming the train has a baggage car).

If you can carry it on, you can put the luggage either in the luggage rack above the seats (which is open and a lot roomier than airplane luggage racks) or in the space at one end of the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
While you'd be over the official carry on requirements, the unofficial practice is typically if you can carry it yourself (in one trip), you can have it. 4 pieces would appear to be over the practical limit if you are by yourself (of course, if two people are traveling, there'd only be 2 pieces each). Some crews will look the other way or help, some could deny boarding if you are struggling to handle 2 big pieces and 2 little ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back