Business class CarolinIan amenities

• Thread starter Business Class Carolinian
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Business Class Carolinian

Hello everyone,

Tomorrow we are going business class from NYP, new York penn to charlotte, north Carolina

It's a long trip and we are trying to plan what we need to bring. We are going on train 80 and don't know if you get unlimited non alcoholic drinks? Or if we need to bring our own water etc?

Also are there any other tips we should know for such a long trip?

Tomorrow we are going business class from NYP, new York penn to charlotte, north Carolina

It's a long trip and we are trying to plan what we need to bring. We are going on train 80 and don't know if you get unlimited non alcoholic drinks? Or if we need to bring our own water etc?

Also are there any other tips we should know for such a long trip?
Business class on the Carolinian and the Northeast Regionals gets you a seat with more legroom, a free newspaper, and one or 2 free 8 Oz soda cans. That's it.

For a long trip, I suggest you bring a (plastic) bottle or two of water, soda, or tea. You can take food with you on the train, so bring snacks or even a lunch if you want. There is a café car on the train, so you can buy sodas, beer, snacks, lunch and dinner on the train, but it can add up for a long day trip.

There will be power outlets by the seats, so you can plug in your smartphone, tablet computer, laptop, DVD player. If you have a phone or tablet computer with GPS, suggest you run the map application or install one to keep track of where you are and what you are seeing out of the windows.

For the first part of the trip, the left side seats will have the water views in PA, MD and northern end of VA.

Thank you, I took it years ago and I remember getting unlimited drinks, so I guess that's changed. You'd think they would do that for a trip that long.

Thank you, I took it years ago and I remember getting unlimited drinks, so I guess that's changed. You'd think they would do that for a trip that long.
Water is still free and unlimited, but nothing else.

Unless things have changed in the past three weeks, non alcoholic beverages are free in Amtrak Business Class(outside of Acela, and perhaps certain state partnerships) on trains which have business class.

Unless things have changed in the past three weeks, non alcoholic beverages are free in Amtrak Business Class(outside of Acela, and perhaps certain state partnerships) on trains which have business class.
Just wondering if you know the LSAs on the Biz Class Trains! I've never had more than One Free Drink (Non-Alcoholic) on ANY Biz Class Train and Ive pretty much ridden them all! Most seem to have a Limit such as One or a Dollar Amount such as $3 towards purchases in the Cafe Car! Please give details so we know how to get in on this Deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have gotten more than one free, warm, mini-soda when in Business Class, but only one at a time. I don't know if there is ultimately a limit (they cut you off at 6?), if we got another soda only because the SA didn't remember us, or if the SA was simply being a nice guy.

I mean, it is not like Amtrak gives you a coupon good for one mini-soda. Use that coupon, and that's the limit.

Discovered last month on the Missouri River Runner Business Class that when the passenger picks up his/her one free soda, that you have to sign for it with the service attendant. Once you've had your comp soda, anything else was pay as you go.

Discovered last month on the Missouri River Runner Business Class that when the passenger picks up his/her one free soda, that you have to sign for it with the service attendant. Once you've had your comp soda, anything else was pay as you go.
No such restriction on the Pennsylvanian. I had three during my trip from Pittsburgh to Trenton. I didn't even have to ask for it. The SA simply gave it to me each time I asked for Diet Pepsi. Of course it was the special smaller can from the free stock as opposed to the bigger can from the paid stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back