Capitol Limited comments

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After yesterdays difficulties with getting trains, 5,3 and 21 out of the yard in Chicago my Cap Limited was called to board about 6:10 for on time departure. Everyone went down to the south area to board but we were stopped and told to return to the Great Hall or lounge. It was train 307 not 30 that was waiting. The 30 train wasn't even there yet. Back we went to apologies and less than a minute later we were told to try again as the train was now there. Coach and sleeper passengers were blended into a big group boarding at once but those of us in sleepers knew to walk around the coach car with the crowd. Boarded my sleeper bedroom A ( my choice). The SCA Phil offered to bring everyone's suitcase up if they wanted. That doesn't happen often when I travel.

Things went smooth after the aborted first boarding. My room was made up as asked on time at 8pm. It was a refurbished room. I skipped the flex meal as Ive had 1 too many of those for dinner. I ate in the station prior to boarding. Continental breakfast was quick and easy with a very friendly cafe guy and my room was made up when I returned from breakfast. Lots of bumpy track sections but I slept fine and we arrived within 25 minutes of scheduled arrival time. SCA also offered to take everyones luggage down if they wanted.

Not my favorite route but a good trip thanks to on time arrival, a friendly cafe guy and a friendly, energetic and informative SCA. Didn't pay attention to the outside of the train but my windows were clean.

Silver Star to Florida on Sunday.

Back