Do trips sync between the app and the website?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebr

Enthusiastic Transit Rider
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
"The Last Great City of the East," St. Paul, MN
I'm curious...do Amtrak trips sync between the Amtrak app and the Amtrak website? I've booked trips through the website, and they don't show up on my phone, and vice versa. This is despite the fact that (I think) I'm signing into the app with my Amtrak account.

Are they supposed to sync, or not? If not, why not?

Just booked 2 trains on the website (about an hour ago) and they show in the app.

I don't recal if I did anything special when I 1st downloaded the app.

Tickets I have booked on the website show up in the app.

Tickets I booked on the app have not always shown on the website.

If I modify a ticket that was originally booked on the web, it no longer shows up properly in the app.

Phone reservations do not show up in the app.

I've always been able to sync the Web Ressy's to the App on the good ole iPhone. The only thing I have to do is put the Ressy Number and e-mail address. Or Log In to my Amtrak Account.

Yep. It's odd and will doubtless be worked out. But for now, reservations made online show up on the app, whereas reservations made by phone do not. Go figure.

Speaking of the App, I'm hearing that the newest release of the App for the iPhone will disable the Passport Checkin feature. If one accepts the update, one will find a message displayed when one selects the Passport choice telling you that Amtrak has turned off this feature for now because of problems with the feature. It's unclear how long it will be turned off.

So for those who enjoy checking in, you may want to avoid accepting & downloading this update.

This should not be confused with the iPhone's IOS Passbook function which holds air & rail reservations for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan would that be the version that was released about a week ago or the next one coming up.

Speaking of problems within the Amtrak App, I goto select "View eTicket" under my trips, and when I tap it, the App crashes. Where do I send the info of this Bug in the App to?

I believe it's the next release, but I'm not really sure. If you already have the release from a week ago, you'll know if you can access it or not.

Here's a copy of the error message from the web site. The upshot is that reservations not made online cannot be retrieved from the web. Trying to retrieve the same phone reservation via the iPhone app yields the same result without the descriptive error message.

"Problem with Reservation Number: The reservation number you entered was not booked on our web site. We cannot retrieve reservations that were not booked online. For assistance with your reservation, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245), or contact your travel agent.

[Error ID: 172A]"

Multi rides do not show up on the app. Its annoying. Also the return portion of the trip seems to always disappear before I actually get on the train and have to pull up the email version.

I know phone/AGR reservations don't automatically show up in the app, but is there a way to bring them up? I tried entering my reservation numbers but nothing came up. Tried on my Droid and on my Kindle Fire.

I'm asking because one of the amazon reviews of the app was complaining that to get information from the app, you must first enter the same information (that normally you would get from the app). I don't mind entering the info, but I still can't get it to show. An app that won't show your tickets or reservations doesn't seem to be a functioning app. Is there some other way to bring the info up? Thanks

I can get to my (many pages back) emails on my phone, but using the app to access the e-tickets would be so much easier.

AFAIK, there is no way to get AGR and phone reservations to show up in the Amtrak app. The workaround I use to make sure that I have all of my eTickets handy was originally suggested by someone here on AU: Copy the PDFs to Dropbox, then make them "favorites" in the Dropbox app. That way, there is always a local copy on your phone, even if you have no internet connection.

If you have an iPhone, and you got the email from them, you can upload the ticket into iBook.

-Open your email, click on the PDF file, then on the right right, there an upload button, click on that, then a box pops up, click iBooks.

Then, open the iBook app, and you will see the file there.

-Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum App.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back