Jen Brooks Vlog Cardinal and SWC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honest and straight forward. I found it interesting he called out Amtrak’s food as “ not very good” even breaking a fork on the meatball plate. He also called out Amtrak’s bedding saying bring your own pillow. I thought the Viewliners got new bedding and pillows over a year ago....

Correction should be noted... the blogger's name is Jeb Brooks; [with a 'b'] and he does an excellent job of reporting; with every detail you could think of. He is positive and puts an optimistic slant on everything... so that when there is a concern it is sure to stand out. He appropriately opinionated the poor quality of Amtrak food due to the pandemic...

He also does a lot of reporting on Delta Airlines and other carriers. His blog is worth following.

Thumbs up to Jeb Brooks and his travel blog!🤞

I follow Jeb's reviews and they're quite enjoyable, although I have felt in the past he was a bit too friendly to Delta. That being said, he recently dumped on them for doing a worse job restoring front-cabin service than some of their competitors.

A couple of other frequent reviewers have been positive towards Amtrak, including Paul Lucas (Brit) and Simply Railway/Thibault (French). Paul also does a lot of flight reviews.

I follow Jeb's reviews and they're quite enjoyable, although I have felt in the past he was a bit too friendly to Delta. That being said, he recently dumped on them for doing a worse job restoring front-cabin service than some of their competitors.

A couple of other frequent reviewers have been positive towards Amtrak, including Paul Lucas (Brit) and Simply Railway/Thibault (French). Paul also does a lot of flight reviews.

And those reviews are informative and absolutely entertaining! On these wintery covid evenings I love to go couch surfing with YouTube on the smart TV. Impossible rail dreams do come true... virtually! Enjoy this trip to Churchill Canada!

Jeb is back with his latest instalment aboard the Southwest Chief:

Jeb Brooks produces a really professional and unbiased account - comprehensive and with a positive slant. He pointed out most forms of transportation have eliminated hot meals. He suggests three 'p's' a power strip, a pillow, and prunes! He explains Amtrak transit as more than just transportation... but a national treasure.

He's a great blogger and I try to catch everything he does... easily found on YouTube. Check out his website, Greener Grass.

https://greenergrass.com/

Jeb Brooks produces a really professional and unbiased account - comprehensive and with a positive slant. He pointed out most forms of transportation have eliminated hot meals. He suggests three 'p's' a power strip, a pillow, and prunes! He explains Amtrak transit as more than just transportation... but a national treasure.

He's a great blogger and I try to catch everything he does... easily found on YouTube. Check out his website, Greener Grass.

https://greenergrass.com/
I've been following his airline vlogs for some time. His interest in trains is fairly recent, but I agree with your assessment. He manages to maintain some objectivity while viewing the experience through the eyes of a child taking his first train trip.

Honest and straight forward. I found it interesting he called out Amtrak’s food as “ not very good” even breaking a fork on the meatball plate. He also called out Amtrak’s bedding saying bring your own pillow. I thought the Viewliners got new bedding and pillows over a year ago....

Like many things, Amtrak made a big splashy announcement and then nothing happened. No new bedding or amenities have appeared. You know, the investment in the soft product from all the money saved by going to Flex Dining.

Same thing happened with the Amfleet refurb. The cars got the new seat cushions, carpet and lighting. The initial announcement also touted new wainscoting, bulkheads, new restroom flooring and a "redesigned galley in the café cars". There was also a related project to replace all the paper towel dispensers with air dryers. The dryers never went beyond the concept cars and, to this day, will scare the crap out of you again when you reach for a paper towel in those one or two modified cars. All of this was supposed to be finished pre-pandemic, so that's not an excuse. Also note, the business class seats in the split club/dinettes never received any attention.

Back