Longterm parking in Galesburg?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to catch the SWC in Galesburg, leaving my car for a week while we're gone to ABQ? Is anyone familiar with the station there? Will there be suitable safe parking for my car, do you think?

Thanks, Sarah

I'm planning to catch the SWC in Galesburg, leaving my car for a week while we're gone to ABQ? Is anyone familiar with the station there? Will there be suitable safe parking for my car, do you think?
Thanks, Sarah
I left mine there for an entire day a couple of years ago. No problems.

I have talked to a friend who said he left his for at least a week,I think. It is in a relative safe area and the parking is first come first served and is free.

A few months ago we parked there for a 10 day trip, no issues at all. Parking is free and additional parking is available next to the primary lot. Plenty of trains to see at the station.

Wow, Two replies in less than five minutes! Thanks very much :rolleyes:
Something else I thought of, tell the agent in the station that you will be leaving your car. Some places I have left the car required I fill out a slip and place it on the dash so they know I would be gone a while. Don't know if they do that at Galesburg or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back