Longtime watcher, short time member

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! You couldn't have chosen a better train for your first long distance trip!

It would be interesting to me if you can report back as to how the experience actually was, compared to your expectations from reading posts on this forum?

Welcome! You couldn't have chosen a better train for your first long distance trip!

It would be interesting to me if you can report back as to how the experience actually was, compared to your expectations from reading posts on this forum?
So far it's been very good, there are such a mixed bag of experiences, and I took the leap to do it in coach (my wallet certainly helped me). I managed to have an empty seat next to me all the way from Chicago, I was able to snag a dinner reservation tonight, and so far we're running about 20 min late after a stop before Glenwood Springs to clear some rocks from the tracks. The staff have been friendly, the announcements informative and even entertaining at times, excellent people watching, would definitely do it again. Hopefully I could convince a friend to come with.

Back