Loophole cheating?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some time ago I booked the Atl-Was-Chi-Den loophole (1 zone 20,000 point trip - all bedroom sleeper) and now find that I will be in Baltimore the day before my vacation starts

What happens if I keep this trip as-is, but don't ride the Atl-Was part of the trip? Instead of going to Atl I would skip the Atl-Was segment and start my trip in Was.

I could cancel my original Atl-Was-Chi-Den trip (20,000 points) and book the Was-Chi-Den trip (30,000 points) but this would cost me another 10,000 points.

Am I going to get shot if I keep the original trip?

If you were going coach, I would say that you could use the excuse that they forgot to submit your ticket, and you could read the ticket number from your "stub". However with a bedroom. there are only 4-6 on the whole train, so they can tell that you did not show. (It's possible they resold that room as an onboard upgrade!)

Unless you can not get to ATL to start the award, I think you have to bite the bullet, and pay the extra points! :( (HINT: I now it's :eek: overnight coach, but WAS-ATL is 5,500 points! ;) Just an idea!)

Has anyone actually tested to see if AGR really makes sure that you take all your segments? I think most of us are too scared to loose the points if there were excuses.

If it was a return and you could just leave the train at ALX after the ticket was collected and they would just look at you funny. Boarding at ALX would raise some questions.

Back