Luggage on Thruway bus and Coach

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

margo

Lead Service Attendant
We're traveling LCH to VAC & back. We've never had to use the Thruway bus. We will be on a bus from SEA to VAC & back and BFD to LAX. We will have a roomette the rest of the trip, except for the OKJ to BFD coach (because of track work). We're not thrilled about the bus or coach, but will make do. LCH does not have a full-service station, so we don't check our bags. We've always just put them on the downstairs rack. Will we have to transfer the bags ourselves and where will we put them on the bus and coach? Thank you for your help.

The luggage (both checked bags and carry-on baggage) is put in the luggage hold of the bus. In coach, you can either put it above your seat or in the luggage rack. If the train offers checked baggage service, I believe it will be transferred between the bus and train for you.

That is good to know because I am going on the sliver star in November. I do plan on having my luggage checked. Will they put it in the baggage car or above me in the coach. Just need to know.

That is good to know because I am going on the sliver star in November. I do plan on having my luggage checked. Will they put it in the baggage car or above me in the coach. Just need to know.
If you are checking it, they will put it in the baggage car. The luggage in the car is the carry-on. Make sure that nothing that you need is in the checked bag as you will NOT have any access to it until you and it gets to your destination.

If you are checking it, they will put it in the baggage car. The luggage in the car is the carry-on. Make sure that nothing that you need is in the checked bag as you will NOT have any access to it until you and it gets to your destination.
Thank you for telling me that. I wasn't sure about that. That was a question that I was going to e-mail Amtrak about. Now I won't have to. Thank you for helping me.

Your welcome, if there are any other questions about coach, I am one of a few people here on AU that enjoy riding coach. Others will have information I am not aware of, but I hope I can answer any questions you may have about coach.

Thanks we are also travelling to Vancouver via Seattle & the thruway bus -- I wondered about the luggage. Usually travel coach but this time have a roomette so will check bags in Chicago and not worry too much about them until Vancouver. Except to make sure I have things I need for the roomette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back