Luggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I kind of eluded to this question some time ago, but my trip on Cardinal #50 to Washington Union Station is Wednesday and I'm starting to get nervous about the luggage situation.

I am boarding at a station that is not staffed and I am not able to get to a station that is staffed that morning (although there is one at the very next stop).

I reviewed Amtrak's carry-on baggage policy and both of my suitcases are below the requirements. One is very small and the other is medium sized, but they are suitcases nonetheless.

My trip will be entirely in a coach seat. Am I out of luck on bringing the luggage on the train? I am getting nervous that something will go wrong about me bringing this luggage on the train.

Hello everyone,

I kind of eluded to this question some time ago, but my trip on Cardinal #50 to Washington Union Station is Wednesday and I'm starting to get nervous about the luggage situation.

I am boarding at a station that is not staffed and I am not able to get to a station that is staffed that morning (although there is one at the very next stop).

I reviewed Amtrak's carry-on baggage policy and both of my suitcases are below the requirements. One is very small and the other is medium sized, but they are suitcases nonetheless.

My trip will be entirely in a coach seat. Am I out of luck on bringing the luggage on the train? I am getting nervous that something will go wrong about me bringing this luggage on the train.
Relax, you will not have any problems. You are well within the Amtrak carry-on policy, and that policy is only loosely enforced. The overhead rack at your seat will easily accommodate your bags, plus there is luggage storage area at the end of the car in case things are tight on the rack.

Enjoy your trip, and don't worry about your luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back