NJ Transit fare holiday

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Literalman

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
My wife and I rode NJ Transit from Trenton to New York Penn Station and back on Saturday, Aug. 31, to visit her sister, not specifically to ride NJ Transit free, though that sounded attractive. The train we rode left Trenton around noon. By New Brunswick it was standing room only, and at stations farther east, hundreds of people were left on the platforms, unable to board because the train was so crowded. I think that the train had 12 bilevel (trilevel) cars. I wonder whether NJ Transit advised Raritan Valley line riders to get on Path instead of a Northeast Corridor train at Newark Penn Station and Bergen County riders to stay on to Hoboken and ride Path from there rather than transfer at Secaucus. There appeared to be hundreds of people waiting on the platform at Secaucus alone. The train we rode coming back left NY Penn Station just before 5 pm and was standing room only but not packed, as far as I could see.

Back