passenger pick up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to pick up passengers in the morning and am wondering where I should park and where I should meet them inside the station. Any suggestions would be helpful. i have not been to Denver's Union Staion in many years. Thanks!

i need to pick up passengers in the morning and am wondering where I should park and where I should meet them inside the station. Any suggestions would be helpful. i have not been to Denver's Union Staion in many years. Thanks!
I haven't been to the station for a year but am answering since time seems to be kind of short for you.

There are two lots, one on each side, right in front of the station. They have those boxes where you predict how long you'll be there and then buy that much parking and return a card to your dash. The boxes take credit cards. When I was there, they were also supposed to take cash but people trying that were swearing at them. IIRC, I also went through several credit cards to get one to work. I was parking around 6am or so, and the lot was pretty empty then. Later might be a different matter, so I'd recommend a backup.

There is free on-the-street parking in back of the station, quite a long walk back to the front because it is on the other side of all the tracks and also the buses. You'd want to scope this out in advance because it is hard to find. I found it because I was looking for a particular steam train parked out back getting serviced when I was there. I have never seen this area full.

There is easy passenger pickup right in front of the station, but you have to stay in your car.

I don't remember inside that well. The main room is not that large. You might just go out and meet the train (I wandered around looking at trains on numerous tracks without being challenged.). Other possibilities: where passengers enter/leave the main room toward the tracks; in front of the ticket window; in front of the entrance to the women's room (or men's room, I think they are not near each other); by the book rack if it is still there (plus: nifty station feature; minus: hard to find); inside at the center of the front wall of the station; outside in front of the station at your car.

Cell phones are great for this kind of things.

Moderator note: this is a new question in a three year old topic.

I need to pick up a passenger from the Detroit Amtrak. Where do I go

Last edited:
The temporary station Amtrak is using while Union Station is rebuilt for FasTracks is located at 1800 21st Street along Wewatta Street. It is a nice modern station with enough free parking around it while your picking someone up.

The temporary station Amtrak is using while Union Station is rebuilt for FasTracks is located at 1800 21st Street along Wewatta Street. It is a nice modern station with enough free parking around it while your picking someone up.
Note that today's question concerns Detroit, not Denver.

Whoops, saw the original question but I know Detroit has a small parking lot as well around it although it is a restricted access platform so you will have to wait downstairs in the waiting room with both the Amtrak ticket agents and security for your party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back