Port Kent to Ferry

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

margo

Lead Service Attendant
When we arrive at PRK, do we walk to the ferry pier? It seems close, but on a "main" street. I see it is a car ferry but I assume pedestrians can ride too. Is this correct? Thank you.

Thank you very much. We're seniors (70's, but fit). It's our first visit to this area. We love Amtrak and this forum.

There is no "town side" - there is not even a town!

When you get off the Adirondack, walk the few feet to the road crossing, then walk the road downhill to the ferry dock. Total distance - less than 200 yards!

Yes, the ferry also carries just passengers.

Be aware that the ferry stops operating, and the Adirondack discontinues stopping in Port Kent, for the season in September!

Thanks for the question and info! I am considering going to Burlington that way in 2018. I went across that ferry many times as a child, usually on my way to Ausable Chasm (a lovely natural feature and tourist attraction). I saw the train tracks on the NY side, but have never ridden that train.

The ferry ride is a true delight and worth the time to ride it to or from Burlington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back