Questions from a newbie...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I found this forum!

I'm thinking about traveling on Amtrak for my spring break in April. I would be leaving from Wilson, NC and traveling to Boston. Then from Boston I would go to New York City. From New York City back to Wilson, NC. This would all take place starting on April 9th and end by the 12th or 13th.

As you can see, lots of traveling in not much time. I'm a huge hockey fan and the main reason for going would be to attend the Bruins game on Saturday the 10th. It looks like the schedule would have me arriving at Boston around 8:00AM. The hockey game starts at 1:00PM. Is that for sure enough time or is there a chance I could get in late and miss it? Basically I would have a 4 hour time frame that wouldn't matter...

Next question... I noticed that if I sign up for a Student Advantage card I can save 15% on the fare. Are there any other things I can do that will save me money? Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome!

Yes, 4 hours should be enough time. Trains may be delayed, but from NYP to BOS, there is one an average of every 2 hours.

One thing I would suggest is that if you are going to a hockey game (which is at the Boston Garden), you may want to get off of the Regional at Back Bay (one of the Boston area stations) and take the T (subway) to the North Station stop. At Back Bay, just go up the stairs and turn right. (It's just a few feet inside the station, and it goes on the same line to North Station - where the Garden is.)

In New York, Madison Square Garden is right over Penn Station!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back