Survey on the future of Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kangforpres

Train Attendant
I recieved an email about this survey today, so i went to fill it out. But the survey never loaded. So I went back a few hours later and it said I had already answered the survey. Well , I hope I get my 25% of coupon which was promised in 4-6 weeks. I'm always interested in saving money on Roomette/Bedroom fares

Thanks,

Paul

I got the survey, when I clicked on it it immediately said I had already done it…. Not sure when that would have been, but like you, hope they send me the coupon.

I got the survey, when I clicked on it it immediately said I had already done it…. Not sure when that would have been, but like you, hope they send me the coupon.
Me, too.

But you have to admit, that was pretty much classic Amtrak. Fine idea, completely incompetent execution.

I too received it. First link did not work, as other’s said. Second email said link was fixed, so began it. Accepted the terms, entered my age group, and my state of residence. Then it offered me a list of metro areas in my state to choose from, and since mine was not listed, I ticked the “some other” choice. Then it told me I have already done the survey (which I hadn’t), and ended.

I asked to unsubscribe from future offers, and if they send them anyway, I won’t waste my time on them.

I too received it. First link did not work, as other’s said. Second email said link was fixed, so began it. Accepted the terms, entered my age group, and my state of residence. Then it offered me a list of metro areas in my state to choose from, and since mine was not listed, I ticked the “some other” choice. Then it told me I have already done the survey (which I hadn’t), and ended.

I asked to unsubscribe from future offers, and if they send them anyway, I won’t waste my time on them.
Same here, I don't live in any of the areas listed in my state and it ended there. Too bad, all the areas listed have Amtrak service and I was looking forward to telling them there are lots of people in my part of the state who would love to have Amtrak nearer.

Same here, I don't live in any of the areas listed in my state and it ended there. Too bad, all the areas listed have Amtrak service and I was looking forward to telling them there are lots of people in my part of the state who would love to have Amtrak nearer.
I live in Palm Beach County, which Amtrak does serve (WPB) but not listed as a choice…🤷‍♂️

I have given up on the survey since it keeps telling me that I have already taken it. This happened even after their Oops mail. But I have never participated in this or any other survey from Amtrak in at least over a year. So maybe they just want to record that a survey was done and umpteen gazillion responses received (where is the tongue in the cheek emoticon that I need? ;) ). Sigh...

The saga of Amtrak IT incompetence continues unabated.

Last edited:
I received the survey yesterday and started to take it. After answering a question about where I'd traveled to with "some other state" it suddenly took me to the Book Now page. When I used the back button to start over, it told me that I’d already taken the survey, even though it is supposed to take 20 minutes to complete, and I’d only spent a few minutes answering questions. (I’m assuming that I didn’t fit the demographic the survey was intended for or that they already had enough responses from the group I do fit into.)

Last edited:
So could anyone that has had success doing the survey perhaps please tell the rest of us what it is actually about? What sort of questions does it have? Thanks.

Were you from an area in your state listed in the very restricted list which was constructed based on what I can;t tell. The Florida list did not have Palm Beach which has Amtrak service and it had Daytona which does not. And of course Melbourne Palm Bay was missing.

Were you from an area in your state listed in the very restricted list which was constructed based on what I can;t tell. The Florida list did not have Palm Beach which has Amtrak service and it had Daytona which does not. And of course Melbourne Palm Bay was missing.
So I wonder if perhaps the survey is only looking for responses from individuals who live in places which do not currently have Amtrak service?

So I wonder if perhaps the survey is only looking for responses from individuals who live in places which do not currently have Amtrak service?
I don't think so as Miami - Fort Lauderdale as well as Orlando-Kissimmee and Tampa are in the list. as is Jacksonville.

I got it, too—but when I clicked on it, it said I had used too many tries. One try was too many, apparently!

Could it have been spam?

Seems weird nobody can get into the actual survey.
Look at the email from sender. If it doesn't have Amtrak in the e-dress then it is likely spam.

Back