The Canadian VIA Rail Long Long Video Travelogue

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marbleski

Train Attendant
I took the Canadian from Vancouver to Toronto Oct 27-31 2023. I did a shorter 39 minute video around seven months ago with grand plans do a second longer video including pretty much my entire collection of IPhone and GoPro video clips and still images. It took months to get back at the project.

Late is better than never. It was quite enjoyable looking over my video clips almost 10 months later.

I flew from St. John’s Newfoundland to Vancouver. I spent one night in Vancouver and made the journey to Ottawa the following day.

I stayed in a lower berth. Only two of six berths were occupied in my car. I captured a bit of everything from my journey… view of Rockies from the plane, my hotel in Vancouver, how I got to the train station, my walk into the Vancouver Train Station, my berth, a roomette, a bedroom, a peak into a prestige room, the two bathrooms in my car, the shower facilities/toiletries, a walk through visual of most every car, meals, bingo, wine/beer tasting, lectures, beer drinking, park car and scenery clips of the varied landscapes across the country.

This second trip was as good and exciting as my first trip, minus my oldest son.

The best part about sitting on my video clips for months on end was is that it makes me really look forward to going again this fall … and moving up from a berth which I purchased on my first two trips to a Room F.

Please note that if you came across my 39 minute video over the past 7 months you might want to take a pass on this longer one as it contains those exact clips … just a longer version of them. So more food, more scenery and longer shower.

Here is the link to my video on YouTube.

Back