Tx Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the northbound Texas Eagle has been very late into Chicago the last couple of days. Does anyone know if that's because of the flooding in the Midwest? (I'm taking it next week, just wondering if it will be a long-range problem.)

It appears to be weather...Texas got hammered by (much needed) thunderstorms. Today's northbound Eagle is still down in Arkansas, when it should actually be past St. Louis by now. It will be midnight or later into Chicago tonight. The Heartland Flyer is out of service while track crews repair damaged areas hit by flooding.

Train 21 departed Chicago yesterday on time (with engine 140). Train 22 yesterday was really not too bad into Chicago, with engine 33. Just a couple hours down.

Train 21 will have engine 66 today, and is a made-up set of equipment scrounged from the Zephyr pool. Hopefully things will be returning to normal after a day or two. The Eagle is generally pretty dependable, except for the Ft. Worth to San Antonio part, which generally gets a bus when 21 is really late.

I think it also broke downAccording to

this news story
Bummer! It is still raining in San Antonio area (we need it). There is also a blob of bad weather in western Arkansas that could affect adversely 21 and 22 tonight and tomorrow.

Last edited:
Both #21 and #22 are running very late, and #21 terminated in FTW today due to a bridge inspection after a freight hit that bridge somewhere between Walnut Ridge and Little Rock.

AMTRAK reservations told me today that #21 was running 5+ hoursl late (and growing) while sitting north of Walnut Ridge.

The flooding should not have had too much impact on either.

Thanks for this Tx Eagle, I am scheduled on it Sat mornign from San Antonio to Chicago. Hope we make it i have a 5 hour layover in Chicago

Keep us updated.

jimtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back