Individualized bonus points offered in Fall Travel promotion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been checking the AGR website near daily thinking that the autumn double-points promo might be near, and so it was - sort of. As of 9/4, members can register to "Reveal Your Mystery Offer":
Your Mystery Offer is waiting! Earn bonus points on travel from Sep. 10 - Oct. 31.
It seems instead of blanket double points, the "mystery offer" is an arbitrary, possibly customized (or random?) points multiplier. FWIW, I registered and was given a 3X multiplier. Your mileage may vary - or maybe not? Post yours below and we can see how mysterious this offer really is.

T&Cs upon registering:
Earn bonus points on qualifying Amtrak travel from September 10, 2024 through October 31, 2024. Offer applies to base points only. Promotional registration period begins September 4, 2024 and ends October 31, 2024. This offer is limited to the member addressed in this communication. Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register for this offer online at Amtrak.com/mysterypromotion to participate. Members must include their membership number when making reservations for travel to qualify. Amtrak Guest Rewards points will not be awarded for cancelled or refunded reservations or tickets. Other terms and conditions may apply.

I've been checking the AGR website near daily thinking that the autumn double-points promo might be near, and so it was - sort of. As of 9/4, members can register to "Reveal Your Mystery Offer":

It seems instead of blanket double points, the "mystery offer" is an arbitrary, possibly customized (or random?) points multiplier. FWIW, I registered and was given a 3X multiplier. Your mileage may vary - or maybe not? Post yours below and we can see how mysterious this offer really is.

T&Cs upon registering:
2x

2x, and as I don't have a US/Canadian phone number, my account is still pending...

T&Cs upon registering:
Selective Executive and I got 2x. My wife has no status and got 4x offer

2X - but does this apply to already-booked travel which takes place during the promotional period? I registered for the promotion just in case, but the email address about the promotion is a "no reply", directing customers to the "Contact Us" page on the Amtrak website, and the chatbot at "Contact Us" is pretty useless for any queries beyond what one could easily find answers for oneself. (The hubby and I are booked for Pontiac, IL- Fort Worth, TX and return on the Texas Eagle next month, but I had booked the trip several months ago.)

2X, on fall travel between Sept 10-Oct 31.

This "mystery offer" teaser was a pain in the tush. Normally I get these promotions and sign up with 1-click. But n--o--o--o--o--o. (Channeling SNL's John Belushi, for those of you who remember.) I had to look up my password, log into my rewards account, check my phone for the text message because I'd enrolled in 2-factor authentication as I always do for sites that save my credit-card info, find the offer, and page through several screens of fluff before I got to the Big Reveal. All for a very ordinary promotion. If Amtrak is trying to annoy its rewards members it certainly nailed it.

Our travel during that period is an AGR redemption. A points promo is a moot point for us!
No points used for the hubby's & my trip next month, as we didn't have enough points to use just AGR points, and the "use points + cash" thing didn't start until 2 months after we had booked our tickets.

2X - but does this apply to already-booked travel which takes place during the promotional period? I registered for the promotion just in case, but the email address about the promotion is a "no reply", directing customers to the "Contact Us" page on the Amtrak website, and the chatbot at "Contact Us" is pretty useless for any queries beyond what one could easily find answers for oneself. (The hubby and I are booked for Pontiac, IL- Fort Worth, TX and return on the Texas Eagle next month, but I had booked the trip several months ago.)
It always has for my previously booked trips in prior promotions.

I got 3X and don't have many trips planned. The AGR World $99 card normally gets 3X anyway, so will I actually earn 6X?

I am guessing these won't count for status, just for earning.

Oh well.....can't complain.
They aren't TQPs so they don't count for status.

For an Amtrak ticket:
You get 3X upon purchase from your FNBO Amtrak card.

You get the normal 2X upon travel from Amtrak.

You get 3X the normal 2X travel award for travel, so 6X there, upon travel.

So total 9X. But only the 2X for travel counts as TQPs.

Last edited:
Selective Executive and I got 2x. My wife has no status and got 4x offer
I'm a Select Executive and I also only got 2x. On the other hand, they automatically registered me for the promotion. Oh well, I've got plenty of points, as I've been spending on my FNBO card like a drunken sailor (lots of plumbing and electrical work done on the house this year.)

2x for me. I am Select this year (after being Select Executive for many years). I have traveled only once this year.

Yes. I saw a Facebook reply from Amtrak that said it was like usual.

I can't find the big reveal in my account even after registering.

I couldn’t find it at first, either. I clicked on the “New Promotions” bar, and it came up there for me and I registered there.

Try that, but if it doesn’t work, hopefully others on here will chime in with how they were able to register.

Back