AGR Website

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not been able to log in on my phone for days and after trying on a computer without success I was finally sent an error message about system troubles. Anyone else having trouble with the AGR website?
I've been on a couple times without an issue, including just now. Chrome on a Samsung Android phone.

I've been on a couple times without an issue, including just now. Chrome on a Samsung Android phone.
It worked on a laptop running Firefox just now.

I had trouble on an iPhone for the better part of a week and then tried the laptop last evening on Firefox and Chrome. On the iPhone things seemed stuck on the Loading screen where the train is moving in front of distant mountains. On the laptop it would try to load but go back to the home page for AGR without logging in. Though one time it did send me an error message.

I like to check in to make sure my CC points are pushed over. Those points always find their way to my AGR account but it is nice to see and I like to see how much progress I am making to Select Status. I like to track my Select Status so I can look forward to having lounge passes that I get to waste since I live in the Southeast.

I recently saw posts on Facebook about AGR accounts being hacked. Had anybody heard anything about this?

Here is one such comment:
"Here's an update, and I suggest anyone with an Amtrak Guest Rewards account check it immediately. After 25" on hold, I talked with a Guest Rewards cs person who told me: Amtrak is aware of the hacking issue, their IT people are working on it; she froze my GR account at my request, restored the points to it, and told me to unfreeze the account. Based on what she told me, if you have a stored credit card on your Guest Rewards account, you are at risk and should take prompt appropriate action (probably check your card for illegitimate activity, freeze your credit card and request a new one, which is a bummer; I've been a repeat victim over the years, none of my own doing, enough that I know the drill . . . part of modern digital life, apparently). I'm sharing this info so anyone potentially affected can have a head start. Finally: all this has happened within the last hour; my first e-mail and multiple text messages (with multiple verification codes) came around 5:25 pm CT."

No apparent issues here, either. (Windows 11, Chrome.) I loaded up my Account Profile and saw that it had an option to save info for up to 3 credit cards. "Preferred Payment Method - Save a preferred payment method to make booking trips faster." Heck no. I don't book trips so often as to justify that small, but unnecessary, risk. It bugs the h**l out of me when some online merchants' sites automatically store credit card info. I submit my order then delete that info immediately.

Last edited:
Back