California Zephyr discussion 2024 H2

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll post this here to start. If it's more appropriate elsewhere, so be it. A creative interactive Washington Post story about a cross country train trip on the Zephyr and Lake Shore Limited. Hopefully the link provides free access; if not, my apologies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/interactive/2024/amtrak-train-travel-diary/

Yes, that was quite the entertaining "graphic essay". I highly recommend reading it if you have access to the Post.

I especially liked the cartoon depictions of spaces we are all familiar with such as Roomettes, Cafe car, etc. Useful comparisons between sleeper and coach travel also.

Yes, that was quite the entertaining "graphic essay". I highly recommend reading it if you have access to the Post.

I especially liked the cartoon depictions of spaces we are all familiar with such as Roomettes, Cafe car, etc. Useful comparisons between sleeper and coach travel also.
I had to use the 'reader' mode.
People seem to respond to those kinds of graphics. Kind of like comic books, I guess.

Back