Coast Starlight killed a man

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the article you want: "Gridley teen killed by train"
I noticed they referred to the train engineer as the conductor. Is that a common mistake?
Very, very common. I'd say that maybe 20% of news stories actually get it right.
There are some comments on the website now, one from the conductor on this train. He clarified about engineer vs conductor and also pointed out the conductor is "the unfortunate soul who has to walk back and survey the damage and advise the Dispatcher as to who needs to be called."

yeh thats the article i wanted to know if existed!! thanks. i didnt meant offend anyone with the title of the post or anything and the whole trip after it happened i kept thinking how **** it would be to be that guys family when they realised he didnt come home.

and to konrad, i realised as soon as i registered that i shoulda used vic rail as a username instead of v/line!! nothin beats crappy orange and grey.. except blue and gold!! and yeh, the entree thing has confused me and waiters many a time!!

Hi, i was on the coast starlight which left seattle on friday 31st oct. woke up at bout 4.30am saturday because i felt the emergency brakes slam into gear and when we finally stopped there was a level crossing out of my window. went back to sleep and woke up at 7.30 am. same level crossing was still out my window and i found out that a man had been drunk and passed out on the tracks and we ran over him just after chico? ( i think) has anyone heard about this event? im trying to find out more information for it
I think this is the article you want: "Gridley teen killed by train"

The "laying across the rails" clause reminds me of a Chico State student similarly situated a month ago, head on one rail and feet on the other ... "alcohol may have been involved" was reported at the time.
Good catch. I never knwe Marysville even had a paper and I live about 30 miles from there. Learn something new everyday.

Tragedy on my local rail line yesterday evening:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/...ith_mbta_train/

Not sure how he actually drove into the tunnel - its a very strange thing. My husband got off the earlier northbound train at about 5:15 pm and said that the man had already driven his car onto the platform and that three or four people were talking to him and trying to get him to turn around. Not sure how/why he drove into the tunnel, and even more strangely is why no one stopped him? Its a very busy train station (busiest MBTA commuter rail station).

he survived the collision and was alert and talking with EMT. he died later at the hospital. so maybe internal bleeding.

We had a tragedy here in the St Louis area Saturday also. Four girls tried to RUN across the tracks in front of the Kansas City Mule (316); three made it across, the fourth was struck. She was taken to the hospital, and passed away yesterday. She was 15; I have a nephew who's 15. Sad, very sad....

Hey you Aussies on this thread, what is an entree in Oz then, if the definition is causing confusion here?

Hey you Aussies on this thread, what is an entree in Oz then, if the definition is causing confusion here?
Apart from America, most places use the word entrée in the French context, to mean 'starter' or first course, from the French to enter or entrance......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back