Crazy and Wacky Train Ideas

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
What kind of crazy and wacky train would you develop? :blink: Mine:

A ten car party train featuring about 5 cars worth of dance space with black lights and strobes, DJ car with a full range of audio equipment (aka party control center), bar car (I mean a bar bar :D ), and 3 cars of enclosed rooms for, you know, "quality time" :unsure: .

Let's just say I'd call my train "Debauchery Mania" you can figure the rest out yourselves :)

Hmmm....well I think I would put massages on California trains.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd have a TransDorm gutted, then in its place a bedroom in 1/4 of the top floor on the single level door side (and a new picture window at the back of the car above the single level door), a Living Room adjacent, Meeting Room, and a room with a big screen in front of the hi level door and couches adjacent. In the bedroom and TV room Sightseer esq windows would be installed. As for the bottom floor a large restroom (with a Hot Tub of course) on one side, with extra utillities on the other (larger hot water tank) and retention tanks, as well as a small generator for power when we are on freight service or in a yard going between trains. For my journeys to the NE I'd have two articulated Viewliners with the same amenities. :D :D :D

I got a great one:

A retractable Dome car :lol: So it could operate on the NEC, while functioning as a Dome the rest of the way.

Viewliner said:
I got a great one:
A retractable Dome car :lol: So it could operate on the NEC, while functioning as a Dome the rest of the way.
Nobody has any opinons on my idea?

A retractable dome car would be great, if it were possible...yes, I know these are crazy and wacky ideas.

Just for a brief historical note, you may well already be aware of this yourself Viewliner. At one time there were domes on the Florida Special from NYC to Miami and they put the domes on in Richmond. So therewere domes at one time from Richmond to Miami. That is a close as they ever got to the NE corrider.

It willsurprise some people today but at one time the JAX terminal could not handle domesf course they did eventually, the Richmond-Mia sleeperd above, also on some CHI toMiami trains in the late 50's.

That is surpriing today since we areused to the Sunset comng throughwith no problems.. It is a very different station today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back