David Gunn to be interviewed on CNN tonight

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
"Tonight, Amtrak President David Gunn will be interviewed live on the CNN program, Moneyline. In his interview with the show's host, Lou Dobbs, Mr. Gunn will address Amtrak's current funding issues and his efforts to bring stability and a state of good repair to Amtrak by securing long-term investments for infrastructure and other needs. The CNN cable network program airs tonight at 6 p.m. in most East Coast cities. Check your local listings for times in your area. "

Wow, talk about bad timing and coincedence.

Tonight David Gunn gets interviewed by Lou Dobbs. Yesterday Mrs. Lou Dobbs got arrested at Newark Airport for trying to board a plane with a loaded gun. Maybe she should have taken Amtrak. :lol: :)

Some people think they're immune to the law because they're famous. SUCKS FOR THEM!

Wonderful interview by Mr. Gunn. I recoreded it to insert into my Trains Documentary for 2003. I hope Congress was watching tonight, especially the House.

battalion51 said:
Wonderful interview by Mr. Gunn. I recoreded it to insert into my Trains Documentary for 2003. I hope Congress was watching tonight, especially the House.
I recorded it as well, I really liked the footage, wish he got more time to speak though...

Well this is good, however, as was said in another thread, we need the gov't to think the same thing!

I think they show in the neighborhood of 9 or 10 PM EST. I'm pretty sure they have an extra later showing for those of us out west.

Wow...that's pretty cool. The only thing I wonder about though, is whether or not that result is skewed. I mean think about it, who is making the most effort to go and post? Railfans, wouldn't you think? I mean I don't know, but I think that this statistic may not represent the full general population. I think that the majority of the population would still favor the funding, but I don't know if it is really that high of a percentage. Anyone agree or disagree?

"Is Amtrak worth another $2 billion a year in taxpayer money?" CNN asked Jan. 23 via its online poll, Lou Dobbs "Moneyline" QuickVote. As of 2 p.m. (EST) on Jan. 24, 2,523 online voters, or 84 percent, clicked "yes"; 492 (or 16 percent) clicked "no."
You can read the rest of the story from Progressive Railroading here.

tubaallen said:
Wow...that's pretty cool. The only thing I wonder about though, is whether or not that result is skewed. I mean think about it, who is making the most effort to go and post? Railfans, wouldn't you think? I mean I don't know, but I think that this statistic may not represent the full general population. I think that the majority of the population would still favor the funding, but I don't know if it is really that high of a percentage. Anyone agree or disagree?
I am sorry I was too late to vote - but (of course) I would have voted YES! About the poll being skewed, I would be willing to bet people opposed to Amtrak passenger rail made just as big of an effort to go and vote NO as Amtrak supporters did to vote YES. As a result, I don't believe the polls are really skewed. The general public seems to overwhelmingly support Amtrak.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back