Hello All

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined a while ago but have only just started posting. Now I’m planning an exciting trip from Texas to Los Angeles next summer.

I love train travel and had my first sleeper train experience a few years ago on the Caledonian Sleeper from London to Scotland.

I remember lying on the narrow bunk listening to the gentle clickety clack as we ambled on throughout the night. I didn’t sleep much, not least because I was excited to get to Fort William, but mostly because I didn’t want to miss a thing. I awoke properly upon stopping in Glasgow and as soon as sunrise begun so too did the most beautiful scenery I have, thus far, been lucky enough to behold.

That got me hooked and I can’t wait to try the Sunset Limited or California Zephyr next year.

I have fond memories of the train from Glasgow to Fort William, back in the early 1970s. The seats were faded and worn plush, and the scenery was spectacularly green. Amtrak is a completely different experience, and I enjoy it every bit as much. The magic is still there! I hope you have a wonderful time on your next trip, and I look forward to reading about your experiences here.

Back