Hermine - Aug/Sep 2016

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it stalls off Long Island another repeat of " Sandy " storm surge ?
I doubt we will see something like Sandy for a while, especially looking at the circumstances that went into creating that storm. Looking at the current tracks, after the northeast, the storm is heading out to sea.
Wasn't Sandy a "perfect storm" in that a low from the west merged/collided with Sandy?

I doubt we will see something like Sandy for a while, especially looking at the circumstances that went into creating that storm. Looking at the current tracks, after the northeast, the storm is heading out to sea.
Yup. It will just hang around east of LI until late Monday early Tuesday then head off out to the sea, is the current prognostication. The odd pattern that brought Sandy on shore is unlikely to recur, and this storm is much weaker than Sandy to start with. Remember Sandy was well above a Cat 1 most of its life out on the sea. This one was barely Cat 1 for less than a day.

Wasn't Sandy a "perfect storm" in that a low from the west merged/collided with Sandy?
Yep, Sandy basically did what the 1991 storm didn't do, make landfall in the cities in the northeast. The 1991 storm dissipated after crossing Prince Edward Island.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back