Lakeshore Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My reservation was changed to a bus (coach) between boston to Albany due to track work. I pick up the train in Albany to continue to chicago. Question. Is there food service provided or should I pack food. I originally booked a roomette

I experienced the opposite journey just this last week. I was in coach, all that was offered were tiny bottles of water, given out to each passenger. No passengers received any food aboard the bus, but whether we were all "coach" passengers or mixed, I couldn't say.
We called at each station en route from Albany to Boston, picking up additional passengers and discharging original passengers accordingly.
Coach was pretty full, only the Amtrak staff were able to reserve two seats each to themselves. Bus toilet facilities were good, a modern vehicle.
We passed through some interesting towns along the way, seeing more scenic views than one would get from the train.
My advice, if you feel you will need to eat between Boston and Albany, pack some food!

Normally roomette passengers get lunch between Boston and Albany, provided out of the cafe. Seems to me they should provide something but based on Caravanman's experience I wouldn't count on it. You usually get dinner from the diner that comes from NY once you leave Albany.

Back