New member from GA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all!
Recent retirees here and looking to book our first Amtrak trip ever! We want to travel in October from Minneapolis to Whitefish Montana.
That is a very long trip for 2 newbies to train travel! We would love recommendations on a good stop over(spent 1 night) spot along the way.
I'm excited to learn all about travel aboard Amtrak. We don't have so much rail coverage in the South!
Thanks!

Hello all!
Recent retirees here and looking to book our first Amtrak trip ever! We want to travel in October from Minneapolis to Whitefish Montana.
That is a very long trip for 2 newbies to train travel! We would love recommendations on a good stop over(spent 1 night) spot along the way.
I'm excited to learn all about travel aboard Amtrak. We don't have so much rail coverage in the South!
Thanks!

Wolf Point, Montana is a potential break in your journey. I'm sure there will be some other suggestions, but this is an interesting part of the frontier. Unfortunately, the city museum is only open in summer months.

https://www.visitmt.com/contact for more Montana info.

If you have a sleeper room, a stopover would not be necessary.

Welcome to AU. I have taken the Builder between Chicago and various points in the Pacific Northwest a number of times over the years beginning in 1971 (and earlier on the Western Star before that.) Frankly, I look forward to that long trip across the plains and I never get tired of it. It just seems to be relaxed, quiet and enjoyable at least on a sunny day.

If I wanted to do a stopover someplace I would probably lean toward Minot or Havre.

Hope you have a great trip and will post a report of your trip.

Back