New Member from the Boston, MA Area

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, thank you for letting me join the forum. I live in the Boston, MA area, and although I haven’t traveled on Amtrak much, I’ve always been fascinated by long distance train travel. When I was a teenager we took Amtrak (Silver Meteor IIRC) from NYC to Miami twice. Even though we were in coach, I absolutely loved the trips. It was pure relaxation, and I loved stopping at the stations along the way and playing games in the lounge car. Every time I hear the song Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight, I think of those trips. Fast forward quite a few years, when my family and I were living in Omaha, NE, my daughter and I took the train to Croton-On-Hudson, NY to visit my parents. We had a roomette between Chicago and Croton and loved both segments of the trip in both directions. In any event, I need to go to Florida in the near future, and decided I would take the train back to the Boston area. I booked a roomette for the West Palm Beach to NYC segment and hope to upgrade to a bedroom.

Hi, thank you for letting me join the forum. I live in the Boston, MA area, and although I haven’t traveled on Amtrak much, I’ve always been fascinated by long distance train travel. When I was a teenager we took Amtrak (Silver Meteor IIRC) from NYC to Miami twice. Even though we were in coach, I absolutely loved the trips. It was pure relaxation, and I loved stopping at the stations along the way and playing games in the lounge car. Every time I hear the song Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight, I think of those trips. Fast forward quite a few years, when my family and I were living in Omaha, NE, my daughter and I took the train to Croton-On-Hudson, NY to visit my parents. We had a roomette between Chicago and Croton and loved both segments of the trip in both directions. In any event, I need to go to Florida in the near future, and decided I would take the train back to the Boston area. I booked a roomette for the West Palm Beach to NYC segment and hope to upgrade to a bedroom.

Do you have that Rep Moulton in your district? I know he is a big Amtrak supporter. I just saw him on an Amtrak hearing video and he was great.

Back