Next Gen Equipment Committee Website

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
Folks,

I’ve been having trouble with the next gen equipment website. It shows the last available monthly minutes from 2022. 2024 was available for a little while and then it magically disappeared. Any one have an idea on what is going on? Or did they change their webpage again?

Steve

This is the first I've heard of this committee. I'm surprised the Commonwealth of Virginia is not represented therein. When it comes to corridors, new equipment and a decent level of State funding, Virginia sure comes to mind.

I find it amazing the one of the officers is from Iowa DOT, which likely would never pay a dime for Amtrak service.
There have been many proposals over the years to (re)establish service to the parts of Iowa where the people actually live, maybe this is a sign it might actually happen. Half full people.

The meeting minutes for May state that the website was hacked and had to be restored to a snapshot from 2022. Info from 2023 & 2024 needs to be uploaded. Obviously at least some of the documents have been restored but it appears the website interface has not yet been updated to provide direct links.

Back