Pontiac IL to Fort Worth TX round trip on the Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just left Fort Worth TX, and we have SCA Andre again! Our bedroom this time has a wiggly jump seat. Waiting to make our dinner reservation. Debating whether or not to walk to the dining car. The hubby would like to have it delivered to the room. We compromised: if we have supper delivered tonight, we will walk to the dining car for breakfast tomorrow.

Supper was delivered at about 6PM. The hubby ordered the butter chicken, which was the only dinner option we hadn't yet tried. The sauce was both sweet and spicy, and the rice tasted better than the cilantro rice which came with my salmon. I saw the coffee urn was still going when I threw out our supper trash; however, I found out the hard way that only the dregs were left. :(. A fresh pot was made soon afterwards, though, and it tasted much better.
Waiting for the beds to be made up now. Will ask for blankets, as we don't plan to use the top bunk.
View attachment IMG_20241008_175642_398.jpg

Supper was delivered at about 6PM. The hubby ordered the butter chicken, which was the only dinner option we hadn't yet tried. The sauce was both sweet and spicy, and the rice tasted better than the cilantro rice which came with my salmon. I saw the coffee urn was still going when I threw out our supper trash; however, I found out the hard way that only the dregs were left. :(. A fresh pot was made soon afterwards, though, and it tasted much better.
Waiting for the beds to be made up now. Will ask for blankets, as we don't plan to use the top bunk.
View attachment 38013
Too bad you aren't able to utilize the upper bunk.

Back