Questions from new member (rewards and dining)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been traveling on Amtrak since 2017 round trip from Cincinnati to San Luis Obispo, Ca. I even took a sleeper home one year. I have yet to have any points. What does it take to get points. Also, I got some email that said the last rewards travel was 2020. But I traveled in 2021 also.

Also, when is Amtrak going to open the dining car to all passengers? I think you received like 64 billion dollars from the infrastructure bill…CANT you get all employees and trains back on track.? Ever? This is my last year unless something changes. I travel all that distance and because you fill up I am always placed next to a stranger… even men. I don’t get any rest at all. Perhaps you guys should send out something when you are fully staffed and have a full schedule of running trains. Its not lime I’m traveling in high travel times.

Thanks

I have been traveling on Amtrak since 2017 round trip from Cincinnati to San Luis Obispo, Ca. I even took a sleeper home one year. I have yet to have any points. What does it take to get points. Also, I got some email that said the last rewards travel was 2020. But I traveled in 2021 also.

Also, when is Amtrak going to open the dining car to all passengers? I think you received like 64 billion dollars from the infrastructure bill…CANT you get all employees and trains back on track.? Ever? This is my last year unless something changes. I travel all that distance and because you fill up I am always placed next to a stranger… even men. I don’t get any rest at all. Perhaps you guys should send out something when you are fully staffed and have a full schedule of running trains. Its not lime I’m traveling in high travel times.

Thanks
You have to join Amtrak Guest Rewards (AGR) to earn (and redeem) points.
https://www.amtrak.com/guestrewards/homeBy the way, we are NOT Amtrak, just a group of Amtrak travelers and other interested individuals.

Thanks
Are you an Amtrak Guest Rewards member? If so, did your travel reservations contain your AGR number? If so, you should have received points for your travel and should follow up with Amtrak Guest Rewards.

With regard to dining, please refer to the dining thread
https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/amtrak-dining.78171/page-157#post-956868
Also, please keep in mind, that "we" are not Amtrak, but a group of rail fans and that we have no control over the actions of Amtrak.

Back