Student video on Amtrak in Indiana

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job! Ironic, isn't it, that it's coming out of Indiana? Perhaps the students could show their work to the legislature.

Ahhh, the innocence of youth.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a beautiful snippet & I'd be curious to see the whole thing. Funny that very little of the footage (probably none) was shot in Indiana. It's being billed as a video about Amtrak in Indiana, but it looks more like a very nice commercial for the SWC.

Tom

It's a beautiful snippet & I'd be curious to see the whole thing. Funny that very little of the footage (probably none) was shot in Indiana. It's being billed as a video about Amtrak in Indiana, but it looks more like a very nice commercial for the SWC.

Tom
I thought the same thing. The only Superliner LD train in Indiana would be on the Capitol Limited and those were sure not shots of that train.

That train actually looks to be the California Zephyr. It has the sleepers on the rear.

The scenery along the CZ is a lot better than anything Amtrak runs through in Indiana.
True, southwest Indiana and the Dunes are pretty scenic but not from Amtrak (and obviously no Amtrak in SW Indiana).

They had some sort of group project where students made films about transit in America. Kind of ironic coming from Indiana, but here is the LINK to the finished project. A number of videos to watch.

Indiana does not have the greatest track record with intercity passenger rail and rail transit (especially compared to its neighbors Illinois and Michigan). Perhaps that will change going forward, but it remains to be seen how the whole Hoosier State/Iowa Pacific thing will play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back