Texas Eagle discussion H2 2024

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. Next week I am taking the Texas Eagle #422 in coach from LAX to McGregor Texas. I am correct in assuming that at LAX the #422 cars will be at the end of the train? Are they offering Traditional dining in the Sunset Limited's dining car for coach passengers - I sure hope so.
Also, assuming we arrive reasonably on time in SAS, those two cars will be switched and added to Texas Eagle 22 - looks like breakfast that day will be in flex dining. Any suggestions on what folks have had for breakfast on the 21/22 with the flex dining. Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

Hi all. Next week I am taking the Texas Eagle #422 in coach from LAX to McGregor Texas. I am correct in assuming that at LAX the #422 cars will be at the end of the train? Are they offering Traditional dining in the Sunset Limited's dining car for coach passengers - I sure hope so.
Also, assuming we arrive reasonably on time in SAS, those two cars will be switched and added to Texas Eagle 22 - looks like breakfast that day will be in flex dining. Any suggestions on what folks have had for breakfast on the 21/22 with the flex dining. Thanks for any tips/suggestions.
Yes, the 422 cars are at the end of train 2. Yes, the Sunset Limited has traditional dining, and it is typically opened to coach passengers after the sleeping car pax dinner reservations are sorted out and seems to be pretty open for breakfast and lunch. Good question on the connection. I don’t believe the San Antonio connection policy has been tested, as nearly all of the train 2’s have been at least close on time since the change was made. I’ve had the flex omelette for breakfast, not great…not horrible.

Have a GREAT trip!!

Any suggestions on what folks have had for breakfast on the 21/22 with the flex dining.
Besides the flex-dining omelette, the breakfast menu includes pancakes and a "continental" breakfast. No recommendations yet, because the hubby and I will be riding the Texas Eagle for the first time roundtrip Pontiac, IL to Fort Worth, TX the week after next. We'll be having flex dining the whole time both ways, so if the hubby & I each choose different things, we should be able to taste-test most/all of the options on the Flex Dining menu.

The Texas Eaglete #21/#22 does NOT allow Coach Passengers to eat Breakfast and Lunch in the CCC,( Diner/Cafe) so you will be limited to Cafe fare between San Antinio and your destination in McGregor.

Back