Texas Eagle discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. Does anyone have a ballpark idea when we'll know what FY25 will bring? I'm trying to book 2 bedrooms on the Texas Eagle for March 2025, but I will not do it until the traditional dining and SSL are back on the Texas Eagle (family requirements).

Agreed. I know Amtrak operates on a shoestring budget, but throw us a bone! I'm trying to give them my money (again)
I talked to a Amtrak Agent, last Thursday, she didn’t know a specific date,

I am not very familiar with the switching at SAS, but I know at Spokane for the Builder, the road crews do it. If a switch crew rather than a road crew does it at SAS, they'll get paid a minimum of 8 hours work irrespective of the time it actually takes, IIRC. Restrictions on switching would tend to be more a union agreement thing than an operating rules thing. As long as a crew is qualified on the territory used in the switching operation and is not pushing hours of service limits, they could perform the switching under operating rules.
A Switching Crew does it in San Antonio.

With the erratic arrival times of the Sunset and Eaglete into SAS, one never knows exactly when the switching will occur, but it's always after Midnight.( the SAS Station Scheduled Hours are 9PM-7AM Daily)

A Switching Crew does it in San Antonio.

With the erratic arrival times of the Sunset and Eaglete into SAS, one never knows exactly when the switching will occur, but it's always after Midnight.( the SAS Station Scheduled Hours are 9PM-7AM Daily)
I imagine the call time of the switch crew on any given day depends on the actual performance of the incoming trains, though.

Back