Ticket change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WEINI

Hello!

This year I will be having vacations in San Diego. Airline company modified me flight and so should I first lend at LAX at 10:15PM, but then, when I bought train ticket from Union Station to Old Town, they overbooked me to a plane, which will landed at LAX at 8:15PM.

If I succeed to come to Union Station to 9:40PM, will they change my reservation at reservation window for morning train to that at 10:10PM. Must I pay a change fee. I hope you have understand my message.

Regards,

Drago W.

Hi Drago,

I think you are asking to change train from following morning to same evening as arrival in Los Angeles, if you are lucky to get to station on time..

I think that the "surfliner" trains from Lax Station to San Diego are "unreserved", so I think you should be able to change your ticket. Not all trains stop at old town, you can catch a local Tram from the main San Diego station back to Old Town if you need to, although the 10.10pm will call at O. T.

Eddie :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Drago,

I think you are asking to change train from following morning to same evening as arrival in Los Angeles, if you are lucky to get to station on time..

I think that the "surfliner" trains from Lax Station to San Diego are "unreserved", so I think you should be able to change your ticket. Not all trains stop at old town, you can catch a local Tram from the main San Diego station back to Old Town if you need to, although the 10.10pm will call at O. T.

Eddie
cool.gif

Thanks

Hello!

This year I will be having vacations in San Diego. Airline company modified me flight and so should I first lend at LAX at 10:15PM, but then, when I bought train ticket from Union Station to Old Town, they overbooked me to a plane, which will landed at LAX at 8:15PM.

If I succeed to come to Union Station to 9:40PM, will they change my reservation at reservation window for morning train to that at 10:10PM. Must I pay a change fee. I hope you have understand my message.

Regards,

Drago W.
Amtrak does not charge a change fee. Better yet since you are riding the Pacific Surfliners, you should need to make a change at all. All these trains are unreserved so you can use your ticket for any train you wish to take to San Diego. Should you make it to LA Union Station earlier than planned just pick up your ticket and hop on the next train. No need to change anything.

For future reference, other Amtrak trains are reserved trains. Should you ever need to change your plans, you would have to call and change your reservation, or you can do it at a ticket window. There is no change fee for this either, however there may be a fare difference to pay. But don't worry about this on your LA to San Diego train.

You may already know this, but the best way from LAX Airport to LAX Union Station is the Flyaway bus. The cost is only $7 one way direct.

Hope this helps!

Amtrak does not charge a change fee. Better yet since you are riding the Pacific Surfliners, you should need to make a change at all. All these trains are unreserved so you can use your ticket for any train you wish to take to San Diego. Should you make it to LA Union Station earlier than planned just pick up your ticket and hop on the next train. No need to change anything.
A slight correction to saxman's advice. While he is correct that the Surfliners are unreserved (and that you do not have to change your tickets), that is ONLY true is you are going COACH!
wink.gif

If you have a BUSINESS CLASS ticket, those seats are reserved. They are ONLY good for that specific train on that specific day. Thus you WOULD have to change your tickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back