Tickets for the auto train...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind Amtrak is without a doubt the most popular long distance train Amtrak operates. Once you have committed to going I would recommend booking as soon as possible, as prices will go up, and odds of selling out will go up. There are some times in the year where the train is "quiet" but often it will be quiet going one direction and busy going the other direction due to the snow bird effect.

I'd just like to say:

Everything Ryan has said I concur with.

I definitely prefer the upper level for looking out the window and have never really noticed a strong difference between lower and upper level in regards to swaying.

Also mitzib, come back and let us know how you liked it when you do travel! :)

I have learned so much today I feel like I am in a classroom and want to say a sincere Thanks to you all. I know experience goes a long way and I am sure if other newbies find this forum they too will learn a lot. I will report back when ever we get to take our trip even if it a ways away..Thanks again

I definitely prefer the upper level for looking out the window and have never really noticed a strong difference between lower and upper level in regards to swaying.
Aloha
While sway on the upper levels is greater it is not much greater. most of us mention the difference because if someone is sensitive to the motion it might make them be more comfortable on the lower level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back