Trip Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.....Returned to home turf....All is welll...I loved the trip, dispite the problems with the Empire Service; I guess, act of God....Other delays, perhaps the same, that is why I have to say, it was a wonderful journey....and looking forward to doing it again soon....And I am sure that I will have a million questions... Thank you all for your imput...help and responses...especially to Penny...You are one awesome gal.....! I certainly would like to get together some time to further discuss train adventures etc..................Until the next great experience........All the best...Min
Thank you. I am glad you had a wonderful journey. It was my pleasure to assist you and I enjoyed meeting you and your granddaughter. Hopefully you will be passing through Orlando again soon. Take care. :)

I certainly would like to get together some time to further discuss train adventures .......
I don't know if you're interested, or can make it, but once a year in October, we get together for a "Gathering" so members can meet and put a face to the name. The Gathering is held at difference cities around the country so to make it easier for those who want to attend. Most times there are 35-45 or more in attendance. This October, it will be in Chicago. Next year, on the west coast and in 2015 on the east coast. Who knows, but if SunRail ever gets completed, maybe one day it may be held in Orlando! :)
We also sometimes have "mini-Gatherings" in certain cities where some of us meet each other for a day or so. (I won't talk about the one in WPK Penny! :p )

I hope to meet you someday too!

Well, again I have to say thanks to all. I do have some lessons learned..and think I will start a new thread for that.... I've had a bit of time today to reflect on the experience, and and still; absolutely loved it! Penny, would have loved to see you yesterday in Orlando, but if you all did not know, our train was about 2.5 hours late!

I guess sometime during the evening, and I think it was after the changing of engines in DC; we ended up sitting for over 1.5 hours...I heard rumors that it was due to a freight train...Don't know for sure, but as my neighbor across the isle and I were chatting prior to breakfast, in the lounge where the attendants generally set, the head conductor told the others in thier little meeting, that they needed to go and just let the people know what was going on, as the passengers were getting antsy. Yeah, so we were supposed to get into Orlando at12:55pm, ended up getting in around 2:30 or so....I was a concerned that the bus would not be there for us, and as it turned out, one of them had already departed for Tampa, and the other was taking on passengers to Tampa as well....I wanted to go to Lakeland, were my daughter had agreed to pick us up.... Madie and I were the only ones that got off there, and luckily the driver was nice and help to lighten my somewhat frustrated disposition......Tired and ready for home...All is well, and now to the new thread....Hmmmm, I think it will be titled....Lessons learned from first Amtrak experience....Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back