Wyndham promotion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I see two promotions for Wyndham hotels. I am not sure I understand the difference. These both seem the same to me:

Limited Time Offer

* Earn 1,000 bonus points when you stay twice with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Read details.

All-Member Offer

Earn 500 points per qualifying stay at Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® locations worldwide. Read details.

I just received 500 Wyndham points for a stay earlier this month. Normally I have my point preferences set to receive hotel points. You get more bang for your buck if you do that and then transfer points over to AGR.

But in reading closer it looks like you can't just stay at any of the Wyndham hotels, like Super 8 or Ramada. It looks like they have to be an actual Wyndham Hotels and Resort. Can anyone confirm this?

I just received 500 Wyndham points for a stay earlier this month. Normally I have my point preferences set to receive hotel points. You get more bang for your buck if you do that and then transfer points over to AGR.
But in reading closer it looks like you can't just stay at any of the Wyndham hotels, like Super 8 or Ramada. It looks like they have to be an actual Wyndham Hotels and Resort. Can anyone confirm this?
Can't confirm it, but also noticed the potential roadblock when looking at lodging recently. A recent Ramada stay - cut short cuz the place was unacceptable - didn't qualify for Wyndham points. Any light shed on this would be appreciated.

Can't confirm it, but also noticed the potential roadblock when looking at lodging recently. A recent Ramada stay - cut short cuz the place was unacceptable - didn't qualify for Wyndham points. Any light shed on this would be appreciated.
The T & C do seem to indicate the thousand bonus points are for stays at just Wyndham hotels, proper, not the other brands.

WhoozOn1st, did your points not post, or did Wyndham inform you that stays at that Ramada don't earn points?

Points not posting wouldn't surprise me, as Wyndham Rewards is even more shambolic than AGR (I have to follow up on perhaps half my Wyndham Rewards stays). As far as Ramadas go, I got points for a Ramada stay in July (a pretty good one outside Des Moines).

WhoozOn1st, did your points not post, or did Wyndham inform you that stays at that Ramada don't earn points?
I think my mistake here. Rate itself, not Ramada specifically, was not eligible for points due to being a separate Ramada half-off deal. In any case, place was so bad we checked out after one night.

I've often wondered what Wyndham Rewards meant by "qualifying rate."

Poking around on the Internet, I found this Web site devoted to issues between Super 8 franchisees and Wyndham. There it says: " A guest pays a “qualifying rate,” and correspondingly, receives points, when the guest pays any rate that is 80% or more of the motel’s rack rate." So AAA and AARP discounts, which are usually 10%, are okay. Bigger discounts, like yours, aren't eligible. On the other hand, if you got half-off a Ramada, you probably wouldn't have earned many points, even if the motel had been habitable.

Maybe this is old news, but I had never seen it before.

Back