Adirondack discussion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have boarded the Adirondack at Poughkeepsie. Needless to say there was no rigmarole before boarding. The Conductor checked the travel documents when he lifted/scanned the ticket. And that was that. I think the dog and pony show is purely a New York Penn Station additional employment project thing - perhaps cynically speaking.
Not only was I not asked for documentation at the station in Albany, the conductor didn't ask for documentation when he scanned my ticket. The first time anybody asked for documention was when CBSA went through the train at the border crossing. Which was just finished.

Albany Gate Dragons do not regard checking Passports as part of their job description, just checking e-tickets.

Cantic, the junction with the line from Vermont, has the manual switch set toward Vermont as a normal setting.

St Jean is always slow with that nasty curve. You'll have jointed rail again around Brossard - Castle Shannon, part of which was the former Montreal and Southern Counties Interurban.

No smooth track until you hit the St Hyacinthe Sub.

Why did your train loose nearly an hour from Fort Edward to Plattsburgh ?

Albany Gate Dragons do not regard checking Passports as part of their job description, just checking e-tickets.

Cantic, the junction with the line from Vermont, has the manual switch set toward Vermont as a normal setting.

St Jean is always slow with that nasty curve. You'll have jointed rail again around Brossard - Castle Shannon, part of which was the former Montreal and Southern Counties Interurban.

No smooth track until you hit the St Hyacinthe Sub.

Why did your train loose nearly an hour from Fort Edward to Plattsburgh ?
We lost 20 minutes between Saratoga and Ft. Edward. Conductor said track crew found something wrong with tracks, and we had to creep through. Then, right after we left Westport, we had to sit on a siding for a while waiting for southbound 68 to pass us. Then when we were on that cliff along Lake Champlain, we stopped for a while because of a "signal."

Can't blame anything on freight interference, I didn't se a single freight train the whole day.

Back