Attire on the train?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also heard that if you stay in your cabin, you can wear nothing at all.
Just remember to pull the curtains.

I ended up doing jeans about the entire trip, though it was very loose shorts after we boarded at Indy at 11:30 PM. The only time I ended up being out of my room for any length of time was I forced my wife to have breakfast in the Crescent dinner car so I could see it up close and we did dinner at the same table as the couple across from us in the cafe so we could interact with someone else for a bit.

When we're on vacation, we don't like to dress up. That's why we're on vacation..to get away from all that. Hubby usually wears jeans, but I wear ladie's slacks. It's been a while since we've taken a train ride, so I don't know how people are dressing now.
I've also heard that if you stay in your cabin, you can wear nothing at all.
Watch some YouTube videos to get an idea of what's acceptable to wear, I'm pretty sure that as long as your covered appropriately then most attire is acceptable. If you want to dress up for dinner then do so but if you want to go for smart casual then thats absolutely fine also. However if choose to wear swimwear you might have the occasional 'odd look' or perhaps even a 'glare or two......' Enjoy your holiday (vacation).

Back