Bedroom E In Car 0430 --SWC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked our trip and was given E and traded it for A. Was that mistake? Anyone stay in bedroom A on the Superliners? I mainly liked that is was at the end, and without a room that could be opened to make a suite (does E do that?). Please let me know. If I want to change, I can do it later today! With A, I was a little concerned that the toilet/shower was right at the door, too...

Bedroom E is the most preferred of most AU members! You got lucky! :cool: Car 0430 is the Sleeping Car you will be in. It's the Sleeping car next to the dining car! At LAX get a Red Cap and tip them what you feel is fair. I feel $5 is fair. They will get you to the train before they start boarding! :cool: They will take you to the car you're in. You might have to wait for the SCA to open the door but if your lucky the SCA will be there to greet you!

Have a great trip!
Switch back to Bedroom E ASAP if you can! :excl: A is the smallest of the Bedrooms, and is the farthest from the Coffee/Stairs etc. Since the Bathroom/Shower Door is situated facing out it makes it hard to get into the Stall, also the Sink cant be reached when the Beds are down! Its on the very end of the Car next to the door and if youre next to the TransDorm or another sleeper you will hear the door opening and closing as well as the horn will sound louder if your sleeper is hooked up with the Bedrooms towards the Headend!
That is exactly what I did! Did and done!! Thank you everyone for your replies!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Bedroom A on the CZ - I'm trying to switch to E. I have D on the SWC. That's just fine and dandy.

I just booked our trip and was given E and traded it for A. Was that mistake? Anyone stay in bedroom A on the Superliners? I mainly liked that is was at the end, and without a room that could be opened to make a suite (does E do that?). Please let me know. If I want to change, I can do it later today! With A, I was a little concerned that the toilet/shower was right at the door, too...

Bedroom E is the most preferred of most AU members! You got lucky! :cool: Car 0430 is the Sleeping Car you will be in. It's the Sleeping car next to the dining car! At LAX get a Red Cap and tip them what you feel is fair. I feel $5 is fair. They will get you to the train before they start boarding! :cool: They will take you to the car you're in. You might have to wait for the SCA to open the door but if your lucky the SCA will be there to greet you!

Have a great trip!
Switch back to Bedroom E ASAP if you can! :excl: A is the smallest of the Bedrooms, and is the farthest from the Coffee/Stairs etc. Since the Bathroom/Shower Door is situated facing out it makes it hard to get into the Stall, also the Sink cant be reached when the Beds are down! Its on the very end of the Car next to the door and if youre next to the TransDorm or another sleeper you will hear the door opening and closing as well as the horn will sound louder if your sleeper is hooked up with the Bedrooms towards the Headend!
OK, all switched back to bedroom E :) Thanks for all of the info, it helps so much!

I think they only do it in the summer when they have a Chicago-Denver sleeper. I guess it is easier to take it off the rear so they just put them all on the rear.
Quick question- where does the Denver coach go?
I cannot say for certain that there is one. I have only heard about an extra sleeper going Chicago-Denver, not a coach.

I think they only do it in the summer when they have a Chicago-Denver sleeper. I guess it is easier to take it off the rear so they just put them all on the rear.
Quick question- where does the Denver coach go?
Aloha

I know your question is serious, but this answer is not. :lol: I goes to Denver. :help:
And all this time I thought it went on the tracks!!!!

:giggle: :help: :giggle:

Thanks for the in fo red bedroom A.. Iam taking my grandaughter this wedek aand we are bwere assigned A from CHI-LAX in A. I called Amtrak and am now 1st on list if another roombedroom opens.

Keep in mind that the SL has I believe one Sleeper. The SWC has two or three depending on season so 0430 won't be behind the transdorm. 0430 will for sure be behind the diner.
Car 0430 is right behind the diner car??? SCORE!!!!! :D :D :D Although, I did enjoy the quietness of the car I took on the SWC going westbound last time I rode it....There were two other sleepers in front of mine and THEN the diner car.

The sleepers on the Southwest Chief are actually in front of the dining car, not behind.

It is almost always 2 full sleepers and the transition sleeper. I don't recall ever seeing more sleepers than than on this train.

To my knowledge there has not been a designated Denver coach or sleeper in more than two years. For the past two years all coaches and sleepers(including extras) have traveled the full journey between Chicago and Emeryville.

A couple of years ago on westbound 3 there was a group of Boy Scouts on our train going to Raton. There was an additional sleeper for the leaders behind the fourth coach.

Keep in mind that the SL has I believe one Sleeper. The SWC has two or three depending on season so 0430 won't be behind the transdorm. 0430 will for sure be behind the diner.
Car 0430 is right behind the diner car??? SCORE!!!!! :D :D :D Although, I did enjoy the quietness of the car I took on the SWC going westbound last time I rode it....There were two other sleepers in front of mine and THEN the diner car.
http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/32610-line-numbersconsist-listings/
Southwest Chief

5 sets

LAX pool

----|---- —— Baggage

0340|0440 —— Superliner Dorm/Sleeper

0331|0431 —— Superliner Sleeper

0330|0430 —— Superliner Sleeper

----|---- —— Superliner Diner

----|---- —— Superliner Lounge

0311|0411 —— Superliner Coach *

0312|0412 —— Superliner Coach

0313|0413 —— Superliner Coach (seasonal)

* One of the coaches is almost always a baggage coach.

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/32610-line-numbersconsist-listings/
Southwest Chief

5 sets

LAX pool

----|---- —— Baggage

0340|0440 —— Superliner Dorm/Sleeper

0331|0431 —— Superliner Sleeper

0330|0430 —— Superliner Sleeper

----|---- —— Superliner Diner

----|---- —— Superliner Lounge

0311|0411 —— Superliner Coach *

0312|0412 —— Superliner Coach

0313|0413 —— Superliner Coach (seasonal)

* One of the coaches is almost always a baggage coach
Strange.....The only thing I can add to this, would be that my particular trip happened 2 years ago when the "Polar Vortex" winter storm practically shut down the entire Eastern half of the US. Our SWC was almost 11 hours late, and the Chicago first class lounge was literally packed to the gills with stranded passengers. Perhaps in trying to get as many trains back on their way as quickly as possible, they simply didn't turn the consist around when they brought it into the station? Guess I'm a little confused....I just don't remember having to walk very far at all from the station lounge to the sleeper car, with people in coach walking past where I had boarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back