Business Class - Let It Go

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve4031 said:
In 95 or 96, I rode first class on a train designated as metroliner in the timetable. The train had an electric engines, and maybe 6 amfleet cars. the the first class section was on the rear car. There was 2 and 1 seating on both sides of the snack counter. The seats were a solid red color. I suspect these are the same cars that you guys are talking about.
The window size maybe a matter of preference. However, I like to lean right next to the window and look down at the tracks :D , especially on the corridor when we are going 120 mph. :D That seating configuration made this process difficult for me, so I edge out onto the platform later in the trip.
Well that sounds right, although I think that I only ever hit one FC car with red seats. Most of the ones that I rode in though, had blue/gray colored seats. The Metroliner's did indeed run almost always with the FC car on the rear. With the Acela's on the other hand, one can find FC on either end of the train depending on the train’s orientation.

Now I can't say that I truly paid attention to the distance from the window in those cars. I suspect that between the metal brackets holding the seat to the wall along with the larger armrest, one could find themselves 4 maybe 5 inches from the window.

I guess that I was always watching the overall scenery more and not so much the tracks themselves. :lol:

I also believe, although again I don't really pay that much attention to this, that the single FC seats in an Acela FC car are a little closer to the window. However with the size of the Acela windows, I suspect that the distance from the window is less of a problem. They have the largest windows in the current Amtrak fleet, save for a Sightseer Lounge. Have you had a chance to ride an Acela?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back