Footage of the RTL-III (Rohr Turboliner III) running?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm Gale. I'm in search of footage of the RTL III in running service for the few short weeks it ran, however so far my search is inconclusive. I've searched YouTube, various archives, & the Trains.com forum. However I have yet to find any footage of these things, and I feel if I don't spread the word I might never, As of now any footage of the RTL III is considered lost media. If you have any footage, or have Information on a source of footage I would love for you to leave a reply.

Attachments

• AMTK2162RensselaerNT_May03MK.jpg
    AMTK2162RensselaerNT_May03MK.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
There are several more recent videos online featuring the Turboliners "in tow" over the NEC late at night, making their supposed last run to the scrapyard. Presume you're looking for one under its own power?

This is likely an RTL II prior to last rebuild:

Yes I am looking for a video of the RTL III under its own power, and I do know about the tow on the NEC. However the RTL-II shown in the video was not as lucky, it did not reach final rebuild and was scrapped in 2015 along with 3 other RTLs. And I mean an RTL-III under its own power after they had their third rebuild.

Attachments

• IMG_4430.jpeg
    IMG_4430.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
There are two Turboliner trainsets rusting away on a siding just south of New Brunswick. Also a bunch of Heritage cars. I wonder if they could be at least cleaned up for a museum display somewhere. They've been sitting on that siding for quite a few years now. I don't know why they don't send them to the scrapyard or do something with them, like a museum display.

There are two Turboliner trainsets rusting away on a siding just south of New Brunswick. Also a bunch of Heritage cars. I wonder if they could be at least cleaned up for a museum display somewhere. They've been sitting on that siding for quite a few years now. I don't know why they don't send them to the scrapyard or do something with them, like a museum display.
I've heard rumors that a local rail preservation group is looking into preserving a set. I feel Amtrak is holding out for someone to buy a set before they consider scrapping, as the interior of the sets is in surprisingly good condition, as of rapidos tour of a set 5 years ago.
(These are rumors and come from an unconfirmed source so don't get your hopes up!)

I can't remember if I got any extremely blury photos of them running up the Westside Line back in 2003 to 2004 and if I know where the photos are in my archive on my first 2 MPX camera but I definately remember seeing them and finding them so unique.

Back