LSL Roomette Booking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bedroom on 448 is also in 4820. room B
Thats for my trip in July
If only I could have scored the discount you were able to...oh well, I really can't complain about the bucket I got to begin with. B)

Thanks, everyone, for noticing the BOS sleeper is back. I leapt on it, redeeming for my 10-28 (Gathering time) roomette.

Glad I did, too...it seems they're going like hotcakes on that day...the first time I checked, a roomette was $184...some minutes later, it was $369 (only $1 less than a bedroom).

See you all there!

Thanks, everyone, for noticing the BOS sleeper is back. I leapt on it, redeeming for my 10-28 (Gathering time) roomette.
Glad I did, too...it seems they're going like hotcakes on that day...the first time I checked, a roomette was $184...some minutes later, it was $369 (only $1 less than a bedroom).

See you all there!
I noticed that as well. Kind of weird with the $1 difference.

Many thanks to the awesome people on this board for picking up on this change!

Dan

SO 4820 is the Boston sleeper. Why in the world did they move me out of 4810. Unless they are no longer going to use the 4810 number. Does not make any sense to me.

It's probably a combination of people noticing the change, but moreso the fact that Amtrak is automatically rebooking people that's driving the price up so fast.

Remember, each car gets X number of rooms at each bucket level. So if Amtrak move 6 people to the Boston sleeper on that day, you've probably kicked at least 2, if not 3 buckets.

SO 4820 is the Boston sleeper. Why in the world did they move me out of 4810. Unless they are no longer going to use the 4810 number. Does not make any sense to me.
Because when Amtrak starts adjusting reservations because of dropping a sleeper, they start with the oldest reservation and just rebook everyone until they run out of rooms. If you were a late booker, you could be out of luck and actually loose your sleeper and be issued a refund.

When the Silver Star last summer lost its third sleeper for some reason, Bill (Prr60) IIRC, got moved from one car to the next, even though he wasn't in the dropped sleeper. Kevin (Superliner Diner) was in the dropped car and also got moved.

Well I certainly want to thank whomever posted about the 448 sleepers - that was the post that got me thinking - and saving $$$

Thanks Pal ;) :p :D :rolleyes: :)

I just contacted Amtrak to see about getting an updated copy of my itinerary, specifically my two reservations on the LSL. Like others have noticed, the agent also saw a double booking and was at first baffled by it.

After seeking help he got things straightened. So with the ALB to CHI departure my car was changed from 4910 to 4911 (no schedule time changes here) and the later return from CHI the car was also changed from 4810 to 4812 w/departure one hour earlier.

He also noticed that the system upped the price by $400, but without my saying a word, he again sought help and got it fixed back to the proper price.

I don't remember his name, but this agent was great and did Amtrak proud! :D I even chatted with him for a few minutes at the end and found out that he was previously a cook, then an attendant on the SWC.

Now don't ask me why the cars were changed; I'm still wondering why myself! :huh:

Edited: to apply some educational therapy to a few egregious spelling fiascoes

Last edited by a moderator:
He also noticed that the system up'd the price by $400, but without my saying a word, he again sought help and got it fixed back to the proper price.
I don't remember his name, but this agent was great and did Amtrak proud! :D I even chatted with him for a few minutes at the end and found out that he was previously a cook, then an attendant on the SWC.
I used to travel LD by car or (shudder)airlines. On all my few Amtrak experiences I have been struck by how helpful and eager to please Amtrak personnel have been.

I just contacted Amtrak to see about getting an updated copy of my itinerary, specifically my two reservations on the LSL. Like others have noticed, the agent also saw a double booking and was at first baffled by it.
After seeking help he got things straightened. So with the ALB to CHI departure my car was changed from 4910 to 4911 (no schedule time changes here) and the later return from CHI the car was also changed from 4810 to 4812 w/departure one hour earlier.

He also noticed that the system upped the price by $400, but without my saying a word, he again sought help and got it fixed back to the proper price.

Now don't ask me why the cars were changed; I'm still wondering why myself! :huh:

Edited: to apply some educational therapy to a few egregious spelling fiascoes
Ok, I'm going to have to call, sounds like my reservation has the same disease, and they'll manage to dump me in a higher bucket.

I doubt that it was really a price change, as you would have noticed something on your credit card. The computer may have shown something because of the room juggling, but I seriously doubt that you would have actually been charged. Especially since Amtrak can't do that legally.

Ok, I called Amtrak and got all my knots untied, as reported in the " Lake Shore Limited #48 Schedule Change?" thread.

Short story is that #48 is leaving CHI at 10:00pm as originally scheduled.

I doubt that it was really a price change, as you would have noticed something on your credit card. The computer may have shown something because of the room juggling, but I seriously doubt that you would have actually been charged. Especially since Amtrak can't do that legally.
There was never a question about the charge. It was just on their system so it was a system thing-a-ma-bob and the agent got it fixed by contacting the thing-a-ma-bob division! ;)

Ok, I called Amtrak and got all my knots untied, as reported in the " Lake Shore Limited #48 Schedule Change?" thread.
You must be traveling before April 4th! Don't let me know when you'll be arriving in Albany though. I might be waiting for you. Here's my picture.... :ph34r: ... :lol:

You must be traveling before April 4th! Don't let me know when you'll be arriving in Albany though. I might be waiting for you. Here's my picture.... :ph34r: ... :lol:
Nope, traveling in August. I don't get the reference to April 4th.

Sorry, posted this before it sank in that Amtrak had changed back to 10PM... at least until tomorrow! :lol: :unsure:

Sorry, posted this before it sank in that Amtrak had changed back to 10PM... at least until tomorrow! :lol: :unsure:
Yeah, I'm waiting for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back