Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a double easy photo to identify:

00aabc.jpg

Who can name it??

Well, since nobody's throwing anything out there, I'll try a wild guess:

Salt Lake City, UT?

I was there late at night once, but really didn't get a good luck at the station building. Of course, not to be critical, that photo with the reflection in the window doesn't really give us a good look either.

Ocala Mike

Well, since nobody's throwing anything out there, I'll try a wild guess:

Salt Lake City, UT?

I was there late at night once, but really didn't get a good luck at the station building. Of course, not to be critical, that photo with the reflection in the window doesn't really give us a good look either.

Ocala Mike
No, it's not Salt Lake City.

Hint #2: The station has two different levels: Street & Platform. One boards the train on the upper level of the building as the tracks are elevated through the downtown area.

Hint #3: The station is not located on the California Zephyr's route.

Since we've been inactive for almost 3 days, I hope it's okay if I post this one.

Trnstation2.jpg

I think it is Champaign, IL.
Nope, that is definitely Albany/Rensselaer. The shot is looking out over where the 4th track should soon be installed, giving ALB far greater flexibility to handle trains, especially when the LSL shows up as it needs two of the existing three tracks. That makes things very interesting, especially if the eastbound is off its schedule.

Back