Overnight Parking Bhm?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I'm having a hard time finding any info on overnight parking at the Bhm station. I am traveling with two small children on the Cresent from Bhm to Nol. Any advice?

Hello!I'm having a hard time finding any info on overnight parking at the Bhm station. I am traveling with two small children on the Cresent from Bhm to Nol. Any advice?
This question came up a few months ago and I think the best answer turned out to be was to call the regular Amtrak phone number 1 800 USA RAIL and talk to a life person. This turned out to be a situation where talking to a real person was more satisfactory than trying to figure it out on the internet. I think the Amtrak agents are prepared with address and phone numbers of nearby parking spots.

Be forewarned that the Amtrak station itself, though built in 1954 (yes, that is new in railroad years), has been whittled down to almost nothing. I would not trust outdoor parking for more than about five minutes. But do not despair. I think there is something nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!I'm having a hard time finding any info on overnight parking at the Bhm station. I am traveling with two small children on the Cresent from Bhm to Nol. Any advice?
This question came up a few months ago and I think the best answer turned out to be was to call the regular Amtrak phone number 1 800 USA RAIL and talk to a life person. This turned out to be a situation where talking to a real person was more satisfactory than trying to figure it out on the internet. I think the Amtrak agents are prepared with address and phone numbers of nearby parking spots.

Be forewarned that the Amtrak station itself, though built in 1954 (yes, that is new in railroad years), has been whittled down to almost nothing. I would not trust outdoor parking for more than about five minutes. But do not despair. I think there is something nearby.
Thank you!!! I did call Amtrak and was told that Allright Parking is a half block from the station with room for 100 cars and charges $4 a day. The agent gave me the phone number: 1-205-323--5319. Very helpful.

I called the parking lot and was told they charge $3 a day and always have plenty of room, "Just come on when you're ready."

This really put my mind at ease. I didn't know how I could get myself, baggage, and two small children from a parking lot to the station (and back) with minimal stress/cost. I really, really appreciate the prompt advice!!!

I am glad I could help.

Your only problem now is actually seeing the BHM station even if you are looking at it.

It really has been reduced to nothing. Most of it torn down, what is left is mostly vacant.

Imagine a house with five rooms. Say a tornado blew away four rooms. What you have left is the BHM station. Sad, because it was a beautiful property when re built in 1954, not long in choo choo years.

I have traveled in and out of BHM many times and do find it adequate for today's traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back