Trip Report Video on The Canadian - 73 tips and suggestions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marbleski

Train Attendant
For those who love trains. Check out my video posted tonight. Everything you need to know about riding Canada’s Icon Train “The Canadian”. The journey is between Vancouver and Toronto and takes 4 nights/5 days.

I have people ask me stuff about the train …. so I put this video together for others like them. Feel free to add to my list in the comments section on YouTube. Here is the YouTube link.

Enjoy this step back in time train. The only thing missing from the early days is the dressing up to the nines and the cigarette smoke lol.

Here is the link to the video stored on YouTube.

Very nice! The scenery around your hometown reminds me of my previous home in Maine.

Great tips. I took the Canadian back in 1984 when it was on the old route via Calgary and Banff. But a lot of the experience looks the same, such as the Park car.

Thanks. It’s gorgeous here just like Maine. Nothing better than a pre-breakfast walk along the clifts and Atlantic Ocean, right in our downtown.

Lucky you, I read that the route you took is much better. My entire life I wanted to see the famous Morant’s Curve near Lake Louise.

I finally got to see it last winter during a ski trip to Lake Louise. Here’s the proof lol. I took this very short clip while there. I much rather be on a train.

As for the train, not much has changed. That’s the draw for me. It’s like a step back in time to a bygone era, minus the cigarette smoke, suits and top hats. lol.

Back