Airo - Amfleet I replacement Siemens Inter City Trainsets (ICT) (2-3Q 2024)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to me there's also a question of whether the Oregon Talgos will stay in the fleet for protection or possible expansion.
I've heard that rumor float around too, with the potential to keep them in Oregon (since they are ODOT assets) with a cross platform transfer for the runs they are utilized in. Time will tell of course, but it wouldn't hurt to keep them around in some capacity to have more trainsets available.

That said, a refurbishment at any level wouldn't hurt since they appear to be untouched since 2013 and its showing.

Keeping things Airo, I'm glad the Airo Maintenance Facility was announced for Seattle finally, as the similar Philly one just broke ground.

Last edited:
I've heard that rumor float around too, with the potential to keep them in Oregon (since they are ODOT assets) with a cross platform transfer for the runs they are utilized in. Time will tell of course, but it wouldn't hurt to keep them around in some capacity to have more trainsets available.

That said, a refurbishment at any level wouldn't hurt since they appear to be untouched since 2013 and its showing.

Keeping things Airo, I'm glad the Airo Maintenance Facility was announced for Seattle finally, as the similar Philly one just broke ground.
The Talgo maintenance facility would have to be moved from Seattle, though. That could be a prohibitive expense.

Back