Texas Eagle discussion H2 2024

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lunch was delivered to our room by SCA Andre at about 12:30PM. The hubby tried the pan-Asian meatballs, which were vegetarian, but he couldn't taste the difference from ground beef (a good thing for him). I had the chicken fettuccine Alfredo, but wasn't hungry enough to finish it. We will take the butter cake desserts to the hotel for a snack tonight.
Getting very close to Dallas. Arrival time in Fort Worth is now predicted for 2:17PM, an hour late. We have plenty of snacks plus the butter cakes, and lunch was a much larger meal than we are used to, so we may skip dinner out. I will probably still pick up those cheap throw blankets after we check in at the hotel, though. They'll be useful on the train back tomorrow!
View attachment IMG_20241007_124003_903.jpg

The hubby and I will be getting off the Texas Eagle at Fort Worth, TX and returning northbound the next day. I was happy to see that there's a free "Molly the Trolley" service in downtown Fort Worth, apparently subsidized by the downtown hotels. Any suggestions/recommendations for restaurants very near "Molly the Trolley"'s route? Google Maps shows a Subway just N of the Amtrak station, which would do in a pinch, but places which aren't everywhere would be better. We're probably looking for a place to eat supper the day of arrival and lunch the next day before departure. (And inexpensive is good, too!)
Can recommend lunch at Jakes Burgers - on West 5th and Main. If you're looking for coffee, try Sons Coffee by the Water Park, around Lancaster and Throckmorton and should be a quick Molly ride.

Do you have dinner plans?

Can recommend lunch at Jakes Burgers - on West 5th and Main. If you're looking for coffee, try Sons Coffee by the Water Park, around Lancaster and Throckmorton and should be a quick Molly ride.

Do you have dinner plans?
We just vegged in the hotel room. We were full enough from lunch on the train that the butter cake and coffee, followed by cracker sandwiches and overpriced hotel sodas, were enough to satisfy us until breakfast this morning.

Back