Texas Eagle discussion H2 2024

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lunch was delivered to our room by SCA Andre at about 12:30PM. The hubby tried the pan-Asian meatballs, which were vegetarian, but he couldn't taste the difference from ground beef (a good thing for him). I had the chicken fettuccine Alfredo, but wasn't hungry enough to finish it. We will take the butter cake desserts to the hotel for a snack tonight.
Getting very close to Dallas. Arrival time in Fort Worth is now predicted for 2:17PM, an hour late. We have plenty of snacks plus the butter cakes, and lunch was a much larger meal than we are used to, so we may skip dinner out. I will probably still pick up those cheap throw blankets after we check in at the hotel, though. They'll be useful on the train back tomorrow!
View attachment IMG_20241007_124003_903.jpg

The hubby and I will be getting off the Texas Eagle at Fort Worth, TX and returning northbound the next day. I was happy to see that there's a free "Molly the Trolley" service in downtown Fort Worth, apparently subsidized by the downtown hotels. Any suggestions/recommendations for restaurants very near "Molly the Trolley"'s route? Google Maps shows a Subway just N of the Amtrak station, which would do in a pinch, but places which aren't everywhere would be better. We're probably looking for a place to eat supper the day of arrival and lunch the next day before departure. (And inexpensive is good, too!)
Can recommend lunch at Jakes Burgers - on West 5th and Main. If you're looking for coffee, try Sons Coffee by the Water Park, around Lancaster and Throckmorton and should be a quick Molly ride.

Do you have dinner plans?

Back